The 3rd International Workshop on
in cooperation with ACM SIGHPC, in
conjunction with SC'13: The IEEE/ACM
International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis.
Sunday, November 17th, 2013 (9:00am - 5:30pm)
Room 601 Colorado Convention Center, Denver, Colorado
- On causes of GridFTP Transfer Throughput Variance, Zhengyang Liu, Malathi Veeraraghavan, Jianhui Zhou, Jason Hick and Yee-Ting Li.
- Efficient Wide Area Data Transfer Protocols for 100 Gbps Networks and Beyond, Ezra Kissel, Martin Swany, Brian Tierney and Eric Pouyoul.
- Network-aware Virtual Machine
Consolidation for Large Data Centers, Dharmesh Kakadia, Nandish Kopri and Vasudeva Varma.
- The Practical Obstacles of Data Transfer: Why researchers still love scp, Hai Ah Nam, Jason Hill and Suzanne Parete-Koon.
- Network-Aware Data Caching and Prefetching for Cloud-hosted Metadata Retrieval, Bing Zhang, Brandon Ross, Sanatkumar Tripathi, Sonali Batra, and Tevfik Kosar.
- Evaluating I/O Aware Network Management for Scientific Workflows on Networked Clouds, Anirban Mandal, Paul Ruth, Ilya Baldin, Yufeng Xin, Claris Castillo, Mats Rynge and Ewa Deelman.
- End-to-End Data Movement Using MPI-IO Over Routed Terabits Infrastructures, Geoffroy Vallee, Scott Atchley, Youngjae Kim and Galen Shipman.
- In-network, Push-based Network Resource Monitoring, Taylor Groves, Yihua He and Dorian Arnold.
- Characterizing the Impact of End-System Affinities On the End-to-End Performance of High-Speed Flows, Nathan Hanford, Vishal Ahuja, Mehmet Balman, Matthew Farrens, Dipak Ghosal, Eric Pouyoul and Brian Tierney.
- Challenges and Solutions in Large Scale Data Movement, Martin Swany, Indiana University.
- The Changing Face of Network Projects and Funding, Jennifer M. Schopf, International Networking at IU
- Supporting Climate Modeling Over Named Data Networking, Christos Papadopoulos, Colorado State University.
- Overview of ESnet's 100Gbps Tesbed, Brian Tierney, Energy Sciences Network.
Best Paper Certificate was awarded to Nathan Hanford from University of California, Davis
NDM'13 ISBN: ACM 978-1-4503-2522-6/13/11 proceedings @ ACM Previous years: NDM 2012 program (pdf), NDM 2011 program (pdf)